Wednesday, February 3, 2010

F.


holy crap it finally happened! the Full House house has been put up for sale! i LOVED the Tanner family. LOVED. as an only child, that's what i imaged sibling-hood to be. they had petty fights, sure, but they always hugged and made up in the end. it was effing beautiful. and who wouldn't want an uncle and an "uncle" -one a wacky comedian & the other a super-cool musician- living with you?? did you also love how everyone was always experiencing different-but-loosely-related issues in every episode that one sweet Danny-Tanner-delivered moral of the story would simplify and fix? it was perfection. and now, YOU can live in their house. the Tanner household.

speaking of excellent 90's television... after my Full House days were gone, and i'd grown into an appropriately angsty adolescent, it was My So-Called Life that really did it for me. oh, Angela Chase- i died my hair an awkward shade of burgundy because of you. the other day, i was recalling an episode in which Angela has to stay in her teacher's room during lunch- either finishing an assignment or serving detention, i can't recall which. BUT, she is watching the teacher, one she likes, and starts thinking how pathetic this teacher seems once she pulls out her little sandwich and starts eating. it made me wonder what my students think when they are finishing work in my room during lunch. do they notice my little soup? do they talk about how weird my indian food smells? do they get grossed out by my roasted veg and quinoa? i have no idea! but thinking about it makes me feel as strangely on-the-spot as i felt when i was a teenager.


*un-related but still worth mentioning: i STILL want to wear more flannel than could possibly be attractive and STILL think Rayanne seems intimidatingly cool. Also, Jordan Catalano is STILL a dreamboat.

No comments:

Post a Comment